Tuesday, March 20, 2007

With Her Smile...


Here's an assignment from one of my Senior Series courses on Underground Comix.

We were asked to create a cover for an imaginary fanzine.

While I vacillated between first commemorating Sex & the City, and then Apple Computers, in fanzine fashion I eventually ended up choosing a far older love... Mary Tyler Moore.

As you can see, love is all around... and Mary's in her under-roos. She looked a lot less vixen (and just plain cute) WITHOUT the come-fuck-me boots paired with the panties... unfortunately I ran out of space for boots to be included, and the ballet flats I originally had her wearing just would not make sense with her winter coat and ever-iconic Tossing Hat.

So the boots were made permanent fixtures on the Mary-Doll. So now Mary's a Sex Vulture.

My apologies. ;)

Well, I've got a ton of stuff to get back to, but I wanted to include the post...

PS - Is it really awful that I sorta-kinda wanna actually ink, color, and print the Mary-Doll so I can see all the outfits in action?

I sense a project in my future... ;)

PPS - Oops, forgot the best part... this was one of the underground comix we discussed the same day I turned in my assignment... go figure, right?

How's that for irony.


Artwork and Words by R. Crumb

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Blogger Gabe said...

I kinda wanna cut it out too.
Good stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home